Saturday, May 30, 2009

People are PISSED OFF about HeathCare - And they have every right to be

I just received notice that my health insurance premium is going up AGAIN!!!! It just went up...oh yeah - that was a year ago. My husband and I are self employed and have to carry our own individual insurance. He just turned 50 in April and last month his premium went up just because he is now in a new decade...Happy Birthday Honey!!! It went up $45 a month - $540 more a year and that's before I received this latest new increase that is effective in July. Now it's going up even more. And what are we getting for this increase? Less benefits I am sure - I didn't have the stomach to read the thick booklet that came with the notice. It actually made me ill and I refuse to go to the doctor because my insurance would not even cover it. My doctor is out-of-network. In a two year time period both our policies have increased our health insurance costs to over $1,200 more a year. I could buy food with that. Instead I am lining the pockets of a Blue Shield executive...UGH.

I AM SO PISSED OFF!!!!! I WANT TO SCREAM!!!!!

Apparently their are many others are out there with the same rant as me. I scourged the internet looking at blogs, articles, anything I could read to find out how others out there felt. I learned I am not alone. In fact, I am in abundant company on this. One person blogged, "We should all cancel our health insurance at the same time" - I thought... "that is brilliant!!!" What if every single person REALLY canceled their health insurance? It would be like when we all wanted to stop buying gas for a day. Great idea to get the point across BUT it ain't ever gonna happen except in my dreams. Although, I am certainly thinking seriously about canceling mine (ours) right now and just taking my chances. I'm healthy, no "medical" issues, and I do a lot of self care so the chances are very low I would seriously get into trouble with my health. At this point, as it is with the docs I do see, whenever I go, the insurance company never pays a damn dime anyway - I pay out of pocket because my stupid deductible is so high and they rarely pay for my "out-of-network" doctors anyway.

I really hope President Obama listens to the cries of Americans wanting better Health Care and Health insurance choices. I would switch to a single payer system in a heart beat and watch those insurance companies scramble when everyone leaves to go for it too. That would stir the bastards up and have them get the hell off their high horses. Give 'em something to compete against Barack!!!...Make them sweat - raise their blood pressure - stress them out and have them know what it feels like to be caught by the short hairs.

In the meantime I will just vent, wait for something better to happen and dream that it does happen in my life time.

No comments: