Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOM a beautiful 3 letter word

Turns out Mother's day is really like every other day with the exception of everyone wishing you a "Happy Mother's Day". My daughter called at 7:04AM to wish me a Happy Mother's Day knowing I would be awake watching CBS Sunday Morning (she's 3 hours ahead or she would NEVER call that early) and felt her obligation was done. I appreciated the call with gratitude and asked her if we could Skype later on as I needed to get a few more sips of coffee in me to be able to speak any more words. She said "no problem I'll call you when i am in front of my computer", then we said our I love you's and hung up. My next call was to my mom who always seems so surprised to hear from me when I call. Weird... especially being that it is Mother's day. My husband wished me a Happy Mother's Day and asked me what I wanted (meaning a gift of some sort) and I replied "I don't want anything but you can clean the house". I couldn't have been more serious. We proceeded to go about our normal Sunday, going to the farmer's market for our weekly bounty and then getting ready for his mom and brother coming for dinner which has now added more work for me on my 24 hour vacation day and mother's day holiday. Woop-tee-do..... I had mentioned to my husband that it was his mom coming for dinner and that since it is mothers day he should make dinner. He turned on the grill and asked when he should put the meat on to cook. That was his contribution. Well not entirely, he did clean the bathroom. Woop-tee-do. I spent most of the day shopping for food, dusting, stripping beds, preparing dinner, cleaning the kitchen and it's 15 minutes before Desperate Housewives and I haven't even showered yet. Yep, this is like every other day with the exception of a bunch of Happy Mother's Day wishes, flowers from my mother in law and more work than I would normally do on a sacred Sunday.

Time for a shower...then I am crawling into bed, turning the TV on and shutting the bedroom door and enjoying what is left of my Happy Mother's Day....

Till the next time...

Ciao~ L

No comments: