Sunday, November 14, 2010

What gives me JOY!

While contemplating what to write about in my blog this morning I could not help but notice how great I feel. Is this JOY? Am I feeling joy(ful)right now? What exactly is making me feel this good and can I hold onto it forever, or at least for a while. So I decided to write about it and put it in the archives.

One thing I definately know that is giving me joy is SUNDAY. This is my favorite day of the week because it is my day to be unscheduled without guilt. This is my guilt free day. Suffice to say, yes I am someone who does possess those unruly feelings that no one wants to have (guilt, worry, anxiety etc....) you know them.... because everyone to some degree has them.

Sunday I give myself guilt free permission to drink COFFEE (which I have for the most part given up caffeine) and I LOVE coffee! Happiness in a cup...love it. I get up early and watch CBS SUNDAY MORNING which to me is the only show worth waking up early to watch (no I don't have DVR or TIVO). Then I go to the farmer's market and get my bounty for the week...YUMMMMM. Today I decided to also blog because it has been about a month since my last post and just because I wanted to.

So today.... Is My JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO DAY and that gives my utter and complete JOY!

For me...what gives me great joy lies in the simplicity of my life, the uncomplicated-"ness" and mere enjoyment of the experience of feeling what is going on inside me at the moment and not missing it because I am too damn busy to notice. I seem to be able to do this on Sunday. I only know one person who can do this everyday and that is my husband. Yes, I can honestly say he really is able to do this everyday, whether he is in Cozumel scuba diving or whether he is home living his "normal" daily life. It is truly enviable and I strive to be more like that. Right now I will take Sunday....

So today "My Joy" is simply:

Waking up when I want
My coffee and CBS Sunday Morning
Farmer's Market
Breakfast with my Mom-in-law (whom I adore)
Listening to KPCC (NPR) while cleaning mi casa (which today I don't mind)
Making guacamole for Book Club tonight
Skyping with my daughter and hopefully Dennis
Watering the trees and enjoying sitting among the Bamboo & Palms in my backyard
Seeing my Book Club buds for laughter, good food, discussion
Wine without the Whine
And whatever else my heart desires
Getting what I hope is a restful full nights sleep

My desire is to extend this to the rest of the six other days of the week, but for now I will take this one day and "simply" relish in "My Joy"....

What gives you Joy?

Ciao for now~

1 comment:

Joey said...

Love the post Laura. Days of joy are rare which is why I strive to catch the moments of joy that fly by! They are so elusive sometimes but staying present is what it's all about for me. Carry on!!